Sunday, January 27, 2008

Betsy the Angel, Of Course! (December 24, 2007)


As the director of preschool ministries at church, I (Betsy) was asked to do the preschool sermonette during the Christmas Eve service. Somehow during the planning of the service, the idea that I ought to dress like an angel was thought up. I decided since there was nobody better suited to play the part of an angel, I might as well go along with the idea, so into an angel costume I went, complete with halo and wings. There are times you've just gotta have fun (even if you make a fool of yourself in the process). After the service we had a huge surprise for all to see in the church gym: a live nativity! It was so fun to see the kids (and adults) as they walked into the gym to see "Baby Jesus," Mary, Joseph, the angel, two shepherds and five real animals (an alpaca, a camel, a yak, a goat, and a miniture donkey). What a Christmas Eve service it was! It will be hard to top this one.

No comments: